Reviews are a very powerful tool for promoting your business, product, or service. They have become one of the most trusted sources of information and social proof available online today.
In fact, a recent study found that 93% of consumers say they make decisions based on reviews.
Since the internet has become a dominant force in our lives, it’s no surprise that reviews have become one of the most powerful tools for consumers.
- Review signals make up 15% of how Google ranks a business. (Source: Chatmeter)
- 93.4% of respondents said that they read customer reviews prior to purchasing from an unfamiliar digital retailer. (Source: Statista)
- 82% of shoppers won’t choose a retailer with less than 3 stars. (Source: Synup)
- 71% of consumers say they’re more likely to use a business that has responded to their existing reviews. (Source: Status Labs)
- 84% of shoppers now read online reviews. (Source: Charged)
- 15% of users don’t trust businesses without reviews. (Source: Status Labs)
- Most consumers in the 18 to 24 age group expected more than 200 reviews per product. (Source: Statista)
- It takes roughly 40 positive customer experiences to undo the damage of a single negative review. (Source: Inc)
- 78% of customers focus on the most recent reviews. (Source: Tripadvisor)
- 60% of consumers say negative reviews turned them away. (Source: Status Labs)
- A 0.1-star increase in a brand’s average rating can increase conversion rates by 25%. (Source: Street Fight)
- 91% of consumers 18-34 years-old trust businesses with positive reviews (Source: 99firms)
Interested in reading more SEO stats? Check these out: